Nursing in the 21st Century (N21) is a new place for nurses to speak, question, discuss, define, and collaboratively resolve the challenges facing their profession.
Available as a free iOS app, N21 is peer reviewed, mobile (no print), and theme based, so contributors represent a range of professional backgrounds.
N21 also utilizes a new storytelling platform, designed by Atavist. This means each article is enhanced with a variety of multi-media “extras,” including audio, video, and graphics, that appear and recede with a tap. There is also a commenting bubble at the bottom of each article.
With the 2010 Affordable Care Act, health care in America is moving into uncharted territory. Care models are transforming for providers and for recipients. And, with an unprecedented opportunity to define themselves outside the shadow of physician- and hospital-centered care, nurses are also on the verge of a tremendous shift, not only in how they practice, but in how they are educated.
N21 was created to stimulate conversation surrounding these transformations.
To view a brief description of each issue, click or touch the banner above.
To get N21:
- You’ll need an iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the App Store, type N21 in the search bar, and hit enter.
- Load it as you would any other app.
- Swipe side to side to move between articles.
- Scroll top to bottom to read an article in its entirety.
- Tap the screen to see or hide extras.
- Tap the bottom to see more options, including font adjustment and commenting bubble.